“Some people may wonder, “why play games in a class?” I think it is important to articulate the value of game playing for myself, my students, colleagues, parents and others. Over the years, I have come up with my own list of the top five reasons I believe game playing is a powerful instructional tool.
1) Students learn through the process of playing the game
2) Games provide a context for engaging practice
3) Through games, students can learn a variety of important skills
4) While playing games, students develop a variety of connections with the content and can form positive memories of learning
5) Games grab students’ attention and actively engage them”
Copyright © 2022