“Some people may wonder, “why play games in a class?” I think it is important to articulate the value of game playing for myself, my students, colleagues, parents and others. Over the years, I have come up with my own list of the top five reasons I believe game playing is a powerful instructional tool.
- Students learn through the process of playing the game
- Games provide a context for engaging practice
- Through games, students can learn a variety of important skills
- While playing games, students develop a variety of connections with the content and can form positive memories of learning
- Games grab students’ attention and actively engage them
Need your own game?
If you want to create your own digital card game to help increase engagement and combine corporate learning with a little bit of fun, contact us for a demo to learn how easy is it to create effective, impactful digital card games to connect learners over a distance, drive home key learning points and track learner progress.